Meeting notes: Sto-Rox School District
Upper Elementary Principal Heather Johnston and newly hired High School Principal Kimberly Price during the May 27 school board meeting at Sto-Rox.
-ON THE AGENDA-
At the May 27th Sto-Rox School Board meeting, directors handled several changes or additions to personnel in preparation for the 2022-23 school year:
• Former School Director Shyanne Rippole was hired as a seven through 12 learning support teacher. Rippole is scheduled to start on Aug. 18.
• The board posted to replace a fourth-grade teacher who resigned and posted to hire a cheerleading coach.
• Steve Bressler was approved as athletic director for the 2022-2023 school year.
• Pam Clawson was transferred from cyber coordinator to assistant principal. Jennine Osborne was also transferred from ninth-grade inclusion teacher to emotional support at the high school. Three cafeteria workers, Kim Cordell, Crystal Monroe and Denise Cordel were transferred to the custodial staff.
• Heather Johnston’s job as upper elementary principal was amended to include her new role as a Federal Program and Grant Coordinator, with a stipend of $10,000 for the 2022-2023 school year.
• Dave Serkoch was approved as the director of buildings, grounds, and security effective June 1 at a salary of $60,000 with a $5,000 stipend for safety. Adding security to the school district has been an integral part to the school’s state-mandated recovery plan.
• The board accepted Marie Neal’s retirement after 24 years of service. Patricia Piett also retired after 22 years of service. The two women were presented with plaques commemorating their service to the community and thanked by the board. Both declined to speak when offered the podium, instead rejoining their families who’d come to see them be honored.